Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

My dog has eaten 2 grapes, Bowie he is 2 and half years, He

My dog has eaten 2 grapes
JA: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is your dog's name and age?
Customer: Bowie he is 2 and half years
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bowie?
Customer: He is. Boston terrier with no health problems

Dr. Michael Salkin is typing. Please be patient.

Two grapes might intoxicate (kidney damage) a 6 lb dog but not larger dogs. How much does Bowie weigh, please?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
He is about 28lb

Thank you. It would take at least 9 grapes for grape toxicity to be a concern. Bowie will remain safe. There's no need to induce emesis nor treat in any manner. Please respond with further questions or concerns.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
there is no need for me to worry or get emergency treatment is there anything I should look out for

Correct. Bowie had a nice snack and will remain unaffected. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.

Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it.