Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

Our 9 year old goldfish has a large external lump/ growth on

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: Our 9 year old goldfish has a large external lump/ growth on its side (LHS). The lump started as a smallish bulge in its side some years ago, under the skin, but more recently has mushroomed to what looks like an external mass - not covered by its external skin. It is about the size of a large pea and looks horrendous.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the goldfish's name?
Customer: Bubbles. He seems happy enough and is eating normally.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the goldfish?
Customer: I don't think so. I said 'he' in the last post but we don't know what gender Bubbles is. The tank gets partial water changes every fortnight and a filer change and clean every month.
Expert:  Jav917 replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a Vet Tech with over 40 years experience in Reptile Health and care.

How old is the Dragon?

Do you have a picture of the lump?

Type of substrate?

Is the Dragon eating? Diet Veggies/Prey?

UVB light, age, brand amd strength?

Full spectrup Basking light?

Supplements?

Temps in enclosure?

Joan