Jav917
Jav917,
5071285

I have a pug (9 months) who has what we thought was a bite

Customer Question

Hello. I have a pug (9 months) who has what we thought was a bite at first (small bump) but has now turned into a red area with hair loss, about the size of a 5 pence on his leg. We’ve tried cream and a tick treatment so far
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the pug's name?
Customer: Norm
Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Norm?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
A
Expert:  Jav917 replied 11 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a Vet Tec with over 35 years with Pet care.

please take some Betadine

I Viewed the area, but hard to see the actual bump due to the hair covering it.

I would like to have you trim the hard away from the area. Once that is dne apply some Betadine/also known as Provine Iodine to clean the area and allow for this to day. Mix the Betadine to a dark tea color before applying.

The Betadine is an Antibacterial and great for infection.

Yu can then apply some Hydrocortisone cream which is for bites and itching. You may haveto get this from the chemist. This should take the redness out and swellong.

Appley the Betadine mixture and the Hydrocortisone 3 times a day and make sure your Pug is not licking it which can inflame it more. If it does not clear uo in a few days, the see the Vet as the dog may need so have the area looked at.

Please reply to discuss this information and questions. If I have addressed your concerns, please tae a moment to rate my service positive so the answer is recognized by the site.

Joan