Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

Our budgie has respiratory infection, so we were told to

Customer Question

Hi, our budgie has respiratory infection, so we were told to give her .5 mils of baytril twice a day from the syringe, she was on the medication for 3 days and her last dosage was last night, she took it but put her head back in my hand and passed away, did we give her the right dosage, thank you.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. There are all sorts of infections the budgie can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the budgie's name?
Customer: Sally.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sally?
Customer: Just that the blue cross vet said to give her less than 0.5 mil of baytril as in less than 1 mil on the syringe read, and gave me a prescription for that, but when I went to get the medication the other vet said it was 5 mils as in half the syringe, if this makes sense, thanks you.
Expert:  Mike McIntyre replied 9 days ago.
Hello. This is Dr Mike. I have been practicing for 19 years and I will be happy to help you today with all of your questions. First I would like to start with a few questions to help me better understand your case.
sorry to hear about your loss. Please accept my condolences. Would it be possible to take a picture of the syringes and the prescription label for me to look at the doses?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi Mike, sure would I have to scan the pictures to you or how does it work.
There is a paper clip that you can just attach the photos to for my review
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Okay I will do that, if I can't figure it out but I'm sure I will, do you have an e-mail address.
Try this first. If it does not work. I can have you send to customer support to forward to me. However that takes longer. This message chat will stay open between us for a few days. So there is no hurry and I will be here when you are able to send them.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Okay, Mike, no problem. Leave it with me, thanks.
Let me know when you send them. Sometimes the system does not always forward them to me. I do not want you to think I am not getting back to you about it if I do not recieve the images the first time you send them.