Jav917
Jav917,
5071285

I’m after some advice as my dog has started shaking quite

Hi I’m after some advice as my dog has started shaking quite bad and isn’t herself. She’s been eating and drinking as normal and prior to the shaking she had just passed urine and moved her bowels
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is your dog's name and age?
Customer: Skylar and 2
Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Skylar?
Customer: She’s a crossbreed with no other medical issues

My name is ***** ***** I am a Vet Tech for over 35 years with experience in Pet health and care.

Is your dog licking lips?

Any drooling?

Does the stomach look normal?

Is your dog passing stool?

Anything that seems odd?

Is the dog urinating normally?

Joan

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi Joan she’s kicking her lips every now and then and yawning. No drooling and her stomach seems ok. She done her wee and poo about 10 mins before this happened. She gets up to walk but is very shakey on her legs and is pacing
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi Joan I don’t want to be called can you just advice on what to do

The call offer comes from the site and not me. we will continue here.

When she walks will she walk up stairs and is she hesitant to jump on furniture?

Joan

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Oh my apologise it kept coming up, she will go down the stairs but very slowly. She won’t go up them or jump on the furniture. She has passed urine again but is still shaking

The new information about the walking the stairs, getting up shakey, shaking are all leading me to suspect some back pain. This is not uncommon. We can try some First aid to offer some relief for tonight, but I suggest a Vet visit tomorrow for an X-ray of the spine.

Please fill a tube sock with uncooked rice and tie it off. Once that is done, warm in the microwave and apply to the spine. If she is not on any pian medication, she can have 5 mgs of plain Aspirin per pound of body weight every 12-24 hours for pain with some food. This should offer some relief. Keep her crated or limit all activity other than bathroom visits. See the Vet tomorrow.

Please reply to discuss this information . Uf My answer has been hepful, please take a moment to rate my service Positive, so I can get credit from the site for myanswer.

Joan

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi Joan thank you for the advice. She’s also been sick now as well. I will get her to the vets first thing tomorrow.