Mike McIntyre
Mike McIntyre,
Experience:  Veterinarian at Sioux Nation Pet Clinic
106239999

I have a 18 week old Tibetan Terrier - he's displaying all

Customer Question

Hi there, I have a 18 week old Tibetan Terrier - he's displaying all the signs of Colitis (straining, urgently requiring the toilet, very frequent, bright spots of blood). We have samples being sent to the lab, but in the interim I'm wondering if he should be fasted?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the Tibetan Terrier's name?
Customer: Dylan
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Dylan?
Customer: He's not displaying any other worrying signs that I can see. He's alert, has healthy appetite etc
Expert:  Mike McIntyre replied 7 days ago.
Hello. This is Dr Mike. I have been practicing for 19 years and I will be happy to help you today with all of your questions. First I would like to start with a few questions to help me better understand your case.
What type of food are we on? Are we on any medications now ? What is our weight ?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
We've now at the advice of our vet put him on a simple turkey and rice diet. This only started today. Prior to this he was on a kibble plus wet food diet
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Weight is 9kg

We do want to continue to feed also, we want to keep our energy level up also. You can also add psyllium (Metamucil active ingredient) at a rate of 2 tsp/10 kg twice a day added to the food. This will help to provide some bulk to the stools and will also be therapeutic to the intestinal wall lining.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
OK thank you, ***** ***** continue to feed in that case.

Any other questions I can answer for you now?