Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

I have a 6 year old car cat She ate a houseplant on Sunday.

Customer Question

hello I have a 6 year old car cat She ate a houseplant on Sunday. A non toxic one that is safe for cats but I think the amount she injested made her very sick. She had diorhea and vomiting Sunday. I took her to the vet on Monday morning and the vet said she was OK. He gave her an injection to help with the vomiting and said I should see a difference within a couple of hours
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Did you see what the cat ate?
Customer: She was doing a lot better yesterday and this morning. However I have come home this evening and she is not eating and its like food is making her sick. I got some treats to see if the smell would persuade her to eat but nothing. She has been sick once again but its just bile as I don't think she has anything in her stomach
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?
Customer: no just that she did have an injection from the vet yesterday and it did help her im not sure if maybe tonight is just a reaction to the medicine and maybe she will be OK tomorrow. Im just worried its like she can't eat its like the smell and taste are making her vomit
Expert:  Jav917 replied 11 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a Vet tech with over 35years experience in Pet health care.

How is the cat doing now?

How many times did she vomut?

Any diarrhea?

How long since the lat time she vomited?

Joan