Mike McIntyre
Mike McIntyre,
Experience:  Veterinarian at Sioux Nation Pet Clinic
106239999

I have a russian hamster, a winter dwarft and looks like

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I have a russian hamster, a winter dwarft and looks like something got stuck on one of his mouth sides looks like he has even blood under it... what should I do?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the hamster?
Customer: one of the sides of his mouth is very big... looks like something got stacked there..
JA: Where does the hamster seem to hurt?
Customer: are you real'???
JA: Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?
Customer: i already told you....
JA: Is the hamster eating normally?
Customer: no
JA: OK, abnormal eating. What is the hamster's name and age?
Customer: are you kidding me??
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the hamster?
Customer: can I speak to a real person?
Hello. This is Dr Mike. I have been practicing for 19 years and I will be happy to help you today with all of your questions. First, I would like to start with a few questions to help me better understand your case.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hello Dr Mike. What can I tell you?
Can you see what seems to be in the mouth ? Is it along the cheek or can you describe better where or what it is ? How long ago do you think this became lodged in there ?
Is it very painful ?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I have a video and few pictures. I think it was from yesterday....

Can you send those here to me? I find that images come through better here if sent from your computer and not the phone. My apologies for that.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
give me a second please

No hurry, this message stays open a long time, thank you

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
here
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
is the best I could get, as he does not stop moving...
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
there is some dry blood under his mouth

Yes when they are small and full of energy it makes it hard to get a photo. Can you see what looks like something in the mouth? I just can not tell from this image.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I think its a seed, but a massive one!

Then we will need to remove it. If you can have someone help to hold the body and head, then you can use a small forceps to grasp it and remove it. The longer it stays in there, the more chance for infection we run also.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok I see.... Thanks so much! I will try, with a lot of delicate touch, remove it. If I see there is nothing ,what should I do then? Make an appointment in a veterinary??
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you Dr Mike.

If you can not remove it, then a visit to a clinic to remove will be best. There may be a little bleeding after you remove it, just wanted to make you aware of that also. There is a lot of blood flow in the oral lining.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok. Thank you very much Dr. Mike. For real.

You are more than welcome. Have a great day and best of success. Dr Mike