Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

Chris, Two days ago, our vet said that our parrot needs to

Hi Dr Chris,Two days ago, our vet said that our parrot needs to get through the next three days to a week. We are over two days on and our parrot has responded well to Zodon and still has a good appetite. The foot is still swollen and he does feel pain when it is touched. Is it a positive sign that he is almost through the three days? Thanks.

Hi again,

Yes it is certainly positive that things are improving, although I think realistically it will be several weeks before we know if he is truly 'out of the woods'

I hope that helps, please let me know if you need any further help.

Chris

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** Is it a good think that he is still eating and talkative? Can I mix the Zodon and Loxicom and administer in the same syringe?

Yes that is a good sign.

Yes you can mix them together once measured out, you can mix with water or fruit juice also if it makes it easier to give.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
That's great, thank you :)

You're welcome

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi Dr Chris, our parrots heel is slightly more swollen today, yet he’s eating lots, very chatty, had a bath in his bowl. Taking the antibiotics well. Is this normal considering he has a bone infection? Thanks.

I have replied on the other question thread