Dr. Sara
Dr. Sara, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM 19 years
45762142

My cat had an absess on his head and it popped and now there

Hi, My cat had an absess on his head and it popped and now there is just an open wound. I believe he needs a perscription for some anti-biotics as i believe it was a cyst that popped and the cyst was there for quite a long time.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is your cat bleeding a lot?
Customer: no, only when its wiped its drying to dry out the wound and if left alone just goes to a flesh skin colour
JA: Phew. What is your cat's name and age?
Customer: Sherbert, about 10 male domestic cat
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your cat?
Customer: no just that i cant afford to pay the fee to go to the vet and i just know it needs to heal and he needs anti-biotics incase of infection possibly antirobe

Hi there. This is Dr. Sara. Sorry to hear little Sherbert has an abscess. Is he a kitty that goes outside? It is definitely good that it popped but I am not 100% that it will heal on it's own. My other question is, does Sherbert have a rabies vaccination that is current?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
He had injections but hes had this now for like 6 months and it hasnt affected him eating, toilet or anything, the scab just keeps coming off how do i ensure it doesn't? Im sure he must need some cream or something? cause it wont heal just stays the same, scabs, comes off, repeat
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
oh yeah he goes outside
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
hello

Give me a second, I'm answering a bunch of concerns.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok no problem

I see. Have you tried just an OTC antiboitc like neosporin?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No i haven't tried anything i just think because of the length of the time its been there maybe he needs something a little bit stronger which i can buy cheaper with a script from a vet online than seeing a vet, he's my baby 10 year is a long time to be with ur pet i wanna make sure its definately gonna ensure it heals and hes healthy and at no risk of infection
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
prevention better than a cure

I am not able to write a prescription for you from this site. You have to have a veterinarian that has actually seen the pet to write a script.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok then, what would u recommend over the counter
The only thing I know of would be neosporin ointment. You could also pick up a beta dine wash, this might help to kill some of the bacteria.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks i have ordered some Neosporin ointment and ill look out for some beta dine wash thanks for the response. END OF CHAT.

You are welcome, hope it gets it cleared up.