Mike McIntyre
Mike McIntyre,
Experience:  Veterinarian at Sioux Nation Pet Clinic
106239999

A male cat about 3 years old that has some white clumping of

A male cat about 3 years old that has some white clumping of fur on hind quarters
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the cat?
Customer: Can i send a photo
Assistant: Where does the cat seem to hurt?
Customer: The cat has had some weight loss and his fur is oddly clumped in hind quarters. No pain displayed
Assistant: OK. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Fluffy
Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Fluffy?
Customer: His brother is perfectly healthy. Same litter. So us unique. I have a photo of the fut Fur
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Photo
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I think this photo is bettet
Hello. This is Dr Mike. I have been practicing for 19 years and I will be happy to help you today with all of your questions. First, I would like to start with a few questions to help me better understand your case.
How long have you noticed this ? Is it just on this one side ?
Are we eating and drinking less now?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry. Bith sides
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Both
Aré we. Larger cat Also ?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It has come up other last couple of months
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Drink seems ok. Food not so sure about but he only eats dry food. Ge gets 3 to.4 small feeds a day plus has normal dry food in a bowl all day
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have noticed he sometimes drops food from his mouth
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Half eaten food
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Reasonably large for a cat i think but not huge
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Normal weight would be 10 to 12 pounds or 5 to 6 kilos
I have seen these many times. Cats have 130,000 hairs per square inch. Extremely thick. This starts to form a tight weaved hair May that is stuck to the skin. Once we shave this off. It will be all good. Sorry for the delay in response
It may be causin some pain. This is what is causing the possible decrease in eating. Do you have a groomer that you can take to for a shave job here ?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ah ok. So it is not a dietary problem. Which was my concern. Is there a way to get him to eat wet food?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have a dog groomer i can ask if they do cats or get a cat groomer
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No worries on the response either. I appreciate you are busy. Vets are never not busy in my experience
Many times the larger frame cats have a hard time cleaning themselves and grooming as well. This is why in this back area this can be prone to happening.
The best way to prevent this is to always try to comb and keep this area shaved down also
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok thank you
Thank you for you’re patience. Any other questions I can answer for you now?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No that is all thank you
You are welcome. Have a great day. Dr Mike