Abby D
Abby D, Veterinary Surgeon (BSc, BVetMed, MRCVS)
Experience:  An experienced small animal vet with particular expertise in emergency and critical care
106574542

I have a Mainecoon cat and she’s coughing being sick! It

Hi I have a Mainecoon cat and she’s coughing being sick ! It sounds like she has a bad chest
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Cats have coughing problems all the time but it is worrying. The Expert will know what you should do. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: But I think her tummy is hurting as well
Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?
Customer: Chop she’s 8
Assistant: What is the cat's name?
Customer: Choo
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is anyone going to help me or am I wasting my time or Choo s
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Was hoping for a quick response before I call my emergency vet

Hi, my name is*****’m an emergency vet based in the UK. How long has Chop been coughing for? Does she have any history of any health issues?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It’s like she’s got something stuck but her chest doesn’t seem right
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please send me your veterans certificate s

I’m currently on a night shift and don’t have my certificate to hand, however you can look me up on the RCVS website: https://findavet.rcvs.org.uk/find-a-vet-surgeon/abigail-davis-7069936/?filter-choice=&filter-keyword=Davis&filter-searchtype=surgeon&sortby=date-desc

There are many causes of hacking coughs in cats, the most common causes are grass or a small bone stuck in the throat, heart disease, asthma or an infection. Why do you think her tummy is hurting?

Does her breathing in between coughing appear normal? How is she generally in herself?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Let’s just call