Jav917
Jav917,
5071285

My 9 week old puppy climbed into my mop bucket while my back

My 9 week old puppy climbed into my mop bucket while my back was turned and almost drowned herself. I rinsed her off and gave her water but I think she may have inhaled and swallowed some bleach water. She is a little shakey and overly thirsty. Will she be OK?
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the puppy will be able to digest that. What is the puppy's name?
Customer: Tizzy
Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Tizzy?
Customer: She is supposed to get her 2nd jag on Friday

My name is ***** ***** I am a Vet Tech with over 35 years experiece in Health Care.

How is the Puppy doing now?

What type of cleaner was in the mop bucket?

Is the puppy having any problems breathing?

Joan

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
She has been sick since my last message but she seems more lively than she was after it happened. It was detol bleach in the bucket and no her breathing was erratic to start with but seems fine now

For the nausea you can givePepcid AC at 0.25M onto normal food graduallygs per pound of body weight every 12 hours. and start a bland diet on one part skinless chicken Breast boiled to three parts white rice. This should be given in small increments during the day and then wean backonto the normal diet gradually.

..

The puppy will need to see the Vet in the morning. It is very immportant, since this can lead to aspiration Pneumonadue to the intake of the mop water and the fact tere was bleach in it makes it more dangerous.

Please reply to disucss this information and for questions.

Joan

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thankyou

You are very welcome. If I have addtressed yoour concerns, please take a moment to ratemy service 5 stars. This alerts Just answer to compensate me for my time and answers.

Joan