Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

Do you prescribe antibiotics for a dogs ear infection?

Customer Question

Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. There are all sorts of infections the dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: My dog Lennox is a 14 year old cocker spaniel,he has an ear problem and won't let me clean it,this in turn is causing a build up of 'gunk' on his outer ear.
Assistant: What is the dog's name?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** 14 years old
Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Lennox?
Customer: No, he has mostly been a healthy dog although he has had ear infections in the past
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Mike McIntyre replied 1 month ago.
Hello. This is Dr Mike. I have been practicing for 19 years and I will be happy to help you today with all of your questions. First, I would like to start with a few questions to help me better understand your case.
Would it be possible to send some pictures of the ear and the area around the base of the ear? Do we have infection outside of the ear openinign also?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 month ago.

I am a moderator for this topic.

Unfortunately, at this time JustAnswer is not able to provide medical cards, prescriptions, or other similar items. There are no plans to introduce this service currently, however please do check back in the future as this may change.

In the meantime, would you like to continue with a specific question to our Experts, or would you like us to cancel your question and offer a refund?