Dr. Gwen
Dr. Gwen, Veterinarian
Experience:  10 years experience in emergency medicine, zoo, exotic, and wildlife medicine.
21470562

Are Hungarian wire haired vizlar just ate a piece of chewed

Hi. Are Hungarian wire haired vizlar just ate a piece of chewed chewing gum he found on the floor. Obviously no way of knowing if it contains xilotol. He is 33kg. From what I have read so far hopefully this is not enough to be worried. We are on holiday so not near our local vets
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: Dog Hungarian Wirehaired Vizsla
Assistant: The Expert will know if the Wirehaired Vizsla will be able to digest that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the Wirehaired Vizsla?
Customer: He is fit and well

Hello, thank you for contacting us at Just Answer. I am a licensed veterinarian and will do my best to answer your questions and help your vizla. How long ago did he eat the gum?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
About 20mins

And it was just one piece?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Yes. Chewed, off the floor