Veterinary questions? Ask a Vet for Answers ASAP
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.
Can you please explain your situation a little more?
Ok. Are you saying the vet was negligent?
But have they been negligent?
I can't tell you sadly. I am a lawyer, not a vet. You posted this in legal.
Do you want me to get it moved?
Let, you posted this in legal.
I will transfer it.
Hello there, Sorry for the ongoing problem(S) , I am DrD , I will try to answer to your question ,This is an unforeseen event but it happens . What strikes me is that the second veterinarian did the operation found one ovary was still there , is this correct ? Were you informed that one ovary was going to be left intact by the first veterinarian ? Did you give a written consent for the C section and for spay ?
Thank you ,The the ligature slipped out of place and bleeding occurred. This can happen to any of us . Very bad situation for both . I am sure the Veterinarian did not leave the ligature loose intentionally . You can always talk to the him/her and show the report from the second veterinarian and ask for compensation.
I see you are from the UK . So there is a complaint committee with the RCVS (Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons of the UK ). You can get in touch with them at : https://animalowners.rcvs.org.uk/help-and-advice/ . and ask about replacing a complaint . They will investigate the case properly , get reports from both veterinarians and decide if there was a professional misconduct or not . If there is then you can always take the case to the court or the RCVS can arrange a settlement between you and the related party .
I am really sorry about this unforeseen event . This is very annoying I know . Please ask second vet to talk to first vet if he/she is willing to and perhaps this can be settled between you and the fist vet before things getting further which will be very annoying for my colleague. I hope this helps.
Please rate our conversation and accept my response if you are satisfied. I only can get rewarded for my time if you do so .I am here if you have more to ask . Thank you and good luck . And the best of all is that your dog is alive !
Thank you and I understand your concern and pain. Anything might have happened as you said.
As I said before , please talk to second veterinarian for his /her findings/ and talk to original veterinarian if he/she and you are willing to talk , if things are not working then RCVS will interfere and perhaps start an investigation. We can decide whether the veterinarian was negligent , had a professional misconduct or incompetent only after they conclude the investigation since there will be group of professionals will be investigating , reading the reports and listening the both veterinarians.
I hope this helps. Please rate my response and accept if you are satisfied with my answers , I can only get rewarded for my time by this way. Please do not hesitate to post if you have more questions. Thank you.
I really can not say whether he/she is incompetent or not .