Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My dog has an ear infection but I’ve only just got pet

Customer Question

My dog has an ear infection but I’ve only just got pet insurance so this will not cover until after 15 days is there anyway of getting antibiotics without prescription as if I go through my vet it will then be a pre exsisting illness which will not be covered
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. There are all sorts of infections your dog can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dog's name?
Customer: dolly
Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Dolly?
Customer: shes had this infection before and had rilexine palatable tabs 300mg metacam oral 10ml and osurnia optic gel 1 ml
Expert:  DocPaul replied 8 days ago.

Hi!

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

I have over thirty years’ experience in veterinary internal medicine, emergency care and ultrasound

I would be delighted to help you out today

If not done so already please provide me your pet’s weight

I am authorized to talk by phone IF you would like to

It does cost more (28.00) but it allows me to provide a more detailed and accurate answer

If you want to text photos directly to me then request phone call

Otherwise attach photos to this link using the “add file”button and make sure to add text with them

Unless YOU request the call you will NOT be charged for one

We are not authorized to write prescription

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I need a prescription but just seen you do not provide these so il just take my dog to the vet