Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

I knocked my cat with the car. Tool to the vet. Pelvis

I knocked my cat with the car. Tool to the vet. Pelvis broken. He came home and wasn't passing urine. Tool him back and he had a catheter put in. He was much better. Kidney function was high. Levels came down. Next day he had infection. Not urinary. He passed away that evening.
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. There are all sorts of infections your cat can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is your cat's name and age?
Customer: Buster 10
Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Buster?
Customer: I have blood results and notes. I want to know if infection could be through vetsfault
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Buster had a catheter and was on I've antibiotics. I need to know if infection could be through fault of vet. I have all notes and results.y concern there was no external bleeding or broken skin.
They stated it was not urinary infection.
He did not pass urine for 48hours before catheter.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
He had improved the day before and vet said if kidney fumctoon improved after catheter he would come home. On his last day. He was very poorly and infection had appeared. They did not know why. He didn't have an infection when he went in. He had been there for 2.5 days. I am xoncermed infection could have been introduced when cathereising him or putting in drip. There was no infection before
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Vets where shocked how he had gone downhill and didn't knowwhy

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible

I'm very sorry to hear of this with your cat. If you could provide me with his clinical history and test results then I will do my best to explain what may have happened to him.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have the documents on email. Could I send term

You can attach files using the paperclip symbol on your screen, that is probably the easiest way

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I know there is a lot there.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I am concerned they missed something. Fridays notes are vague. I went in twice. Last time at 5pm. They said temperature was coming down. He was still flat.
I had a phonecall at 10.30 pm saying he passed away. They also said he went downhill at 6-7pm. But I wasn't informed and he was left alone.
Deep down I feel they are coverjng sonething up.
I think he caught an infection there. He was in on the Wednesday morning and had catheter put in.
Enough time for am infection to show on Friday. They said he would be going home Friday and was recovering from the accidentvwoth my car.
Sorry. I am gpong on a bit.

That's quite OK. I will look through what you have sent me and try and get back to you shortly

I can only see the first page, also are the actual clinical notes and blood results included?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Yes. I will try again
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
...
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
....
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
.....
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
,
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
,,
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
,.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
,.,
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
,.,.,
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
,.,.,.,.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Blood tests are on the notez

Thanks for the extra information

Can I just clarify if those are the initial blood test results or subsequent ones?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
There are two. They are dated. One on Wednesday and some on the Friday
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Kidney function up in 1st onem . apparently reducing on 2nd

I can only see results from the 10th of September?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
That is odd. The invoice states tests done on 9th and 11th. Not 10th. Had not noticed that

Well the date is actually on the urine test, no date on the blood test only a time so I assumed were from the same day as put together

The result on the 11th is haematology and does not show kidney parameters

I can call you in about 20 minutes if that is ok?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Yes thank you

Once again, I'm very for sorry your loss and I hope that you can get closure from this sad situation. Please feel free to message again if you have any further questions.

Chris