Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My dog is limping. i have loxicom but not the large syringe

Customer Question

my dog is limping. i have loxicom but not the large syringe
she is 26 kgs. i have 5 ml and 10 ml syringes
how much should i give?
i realise first dose is higher
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 15 days ago.

Hello, my name is Dr Scott, thank you for your question. I am a fully qualified vet from the UK and have spent the last thirty years or so treating dogs, cats, and smaller pets. I will be very glad to help you today.

But first, please allow me ten minutes or so to think things over and then type up your answer.

I have typed up an answer for you below ...

1. Assuming this is Loxicom Oral Suspension 1.5 mg per ml.

2. Work out your dog's weight in kg, the dose rate is 0.1 mg per kg of your dog's body weight. This will give you the maintenance dose in mg to be given once a day, as you know the initial first dose is twice this.

3. Once you know how many mg to give and know that there is 1.5 mg in each ml it is a simple matter to work out how many ml to give.

4. But in any case, I should be available online for you for the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if you would like to talk things over with me further.

Regards,

Dr Scott
I hope you have found my advice useful. Please now be kind enough to rate my service to you by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen, such feedback greatly helps me maintain the quality of my answers. Rating me now does not close your question, we can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box to get back to me at any point. Many thanks ...

Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 14 days ago.

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how your Lab is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the Loxicom ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott