Linda Simon
Linda Simon, Veterinarian
Experience:  MVB MRCVS
103237793

My cat came back this morninig and is paw looks broken plse

Customer Question

my cat came back this morninig and is paw looks broken plse help my mobile number is *****
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with your cat?
Customer: i think is paw is broken i have no money and i dont no what to do plse help hes starting to cry cant you help me plse
JA: The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the cat's name?
Customer: mylo
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Mylo?
Customer: hes a two year old tom cat
Expert:  Linda Simon replied 8 days ago.
Hi there, you are through to Dr Linda. Just a few minutes as I type my response
I'm so sorry this has happened to poor Mylo.
We know that tom cats can be very adventurous and are more prone to being hit by moving vehicles, falling from walls and being in fights with other cats.
I would be keen to check his oaw thoroughly as it may be something less sinister than a fracture. For example, check for a broken claw or a puncture wound/scab which could signify a cat bite.
However, if we do indeed think it is fractured (swollen, not able to bear any weight, very tender) there is no doubt that he needs to be seen by a vet immediately. Not only to assess the damage but also to provide some strong pain relief. We also need to do a nose to tail check to ensure there is no further injury or even internal damage from any trauma.
If you are struggling with finances, your vet may well be able to provide a payment plan. As a minimum, they can give pain relief which should not be overly expensive.
If you qualify for charity care from the rspca/cats protection they may be able to cover the costs entirely.
To fix a fracture (which may not be what is going on) he may simply need a cast or some cage rest rather than an expensive surgery, so we shouldn't jump to any conclusions regarding the expense just yet.
Hi there, I'm just checking in to see how Mylo is doing?
Expert:  Linda Simon replied 5 days ago.

Hello, this is just a final check in message as this question has not been rated and remains open. Hope all is ok with Mylo?