Linda Simon
Linda Simon, Veterinarian
Experience:  MVB MRCVS
103237793

My 3 year old ~Bolognese has been sick twice today. It is

hi my 3 year old ~Bolognese has been sick twice today. It is just water but has a nasty smell. She is also lethargic and listless and not herself
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: female bolognese
JA: Maybe I'm confused. I thought you had a problem with a pet. Is that correct?
Customer: yes Bolognese dog
JA: Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: why was you confused about
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: no

Up until today, was your dog acting normal?

Any medical history I need to know about or is she on any medication?

Has she been neutered and, if not, when was her last season?

Is she continuing to eat/drink?

Any diarrhoea or constipation/straining?

Can you think of any potential triggers e.g. change of diet, eating something she shouldn't, access to something toxic?

Would she allow you to check her gums to ensure they are pink and moist?

Thank you in advance for answering these question which will help me provide you with the best answer

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
acting normal until today, not medical history and has not been neutered, she has normally 1 season and is more or less ready about this time of year. she is not eating but drinking and yesterday she passed motion normally
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I have checked her gums and they are pink and moist,
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
she hasn't had a change in her diet . I cannot say for certain if she has picked something up
Thank you for this.
It may well be that she is due her season and the hormonal changes are making her feel under the weather. Do ensure that she has no foul smelling discharge from her vulva, is not excessively thirsty and does not have a fever as these can all be signs of a uterus infection (pyometra) which unspayed females can get.
As it has only been one day of not eating and she is drinking she should be well hydrated.
A couple of vomits is not necessarily a huge concern but we do need to monitor her closely.
I would offer her a small meal of boiled chicken and rice this evening and take up any dog food/ treats which will be too rich. Allow her to drink water.
Keep an eye out for any new symptoms and allow her to rest.
She could have picked up a virus, eaten something when out on a walk or, as I said, it could be hormonal. We would expect her to be feeling a lot better by tomorrow. I would continue the bland diet for a couple of days though.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
thanl you
Absolutely. Please do feel free to keep me updated and to ask any further questions you may have.