Linda Simon
Linda Simon, Veterinarian
Experience:  MVB MRCVS
103237793

Assistant: How can I help? We have a pomeranian 9 months old

Good Evening
Assistant: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: We have a pomeranian 9 months old dog
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the Pomeranian?
Customer: This morning he was active.
Assistant: Where does the Pomeranian seem to hurt?
Customer: From Afternoon he not active at all. Not eating, vomiting but just a little.
Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the Pomeranian eat anything unusual?
Customer: Nope. Nothing
Assistant: OK. The Expert will know what to do. What is the Pomeranian's name?
Customer: Sushi
Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sushi?
Customer: We played yesterday and he jumps out from bed and hits his head a little. But all was good. Till this afternoon. He looks weak . Not eating. Not playing. Barely walking.
Hi there, you are through to Dr Linda. Just a few minutes as I type my response
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Waiting. :-/
I'm sorry to hear your pup is not himself.
Is Sushi up to date with vaccines and parasite prevention?
Does he have any medical history I should know about and is he on any medication?
So until this afternoon he was completely fine (eating well, no lethargy, no lameness)?
How often has he vomited and is it bile, saliva or food? Any diarrhoea?
Can you think of anything that may have triggered this e.g. change in diet, access to anything toxic, stressful event?
Is he able to walk and put weight on all 4 limbs?
Thann you in advance for answering these questions which will help me provide you with the best answer.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Yes. All took a place.
Nothing happened before at all.
He was completely fine.
Vomited once. No food. Because he not eating today. Only water was given.
No any unusual food.
Yes, he walks on all 4. But looks like cannot walk straight forward. And most of the day only sleeping.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
You still here?
Thank you very much for this additional information.
It's good that he has not been unwell for long and has only vomited once.
Could you check his gums to ensure they are pink and wet? And gently feel his abdomen to check it is soft and comfortable rather than tense or bloated?
He may have picked up a virus or perhaps eaten something he shouldn't . We would expect the symptoms to resolve shortly and theh should not worsen.
His lethargy and weakness may be because his blood sugar is a little low, especially as he is such a small doggy.
You could try him on some bland boiled white chicken and rice to see if he is interested and is able to keep it down. I would avoid any dog food/treats until he feels better. Water is fine and if he is not interested you could offer some of the tasty water you boik the chicken in. If still not keen, you could syringe him a little. You could also rub a small amount of honey on his gums in case of low blood sugar.
After eating a little, he should start to feel better though may still need to rest over night. I would monitor him very closely for any new symptoms or worsening of his current symptoms.
I would also want you to make double sure that there is nothing nearby he could have had access to that he shouldn't such as toxic flowers, antifreeze, chemical cleaners, drugs, medicines, trash, chocolate etc. Puppies are notoriously good at getting into things they shouldn't and making themselves unwell!
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Ok. Thank you!
No problem. Please do keep in touch and let me know if you have any further questions or if Sushi develops any further symptoms or seems to worsen at all.