Linda Simon
Linda Simon, Veterinarian
Experience:  MVB MRCVS
103237793

My dog weighs just over 9kg his frontline plus flea

My dog weighs just over 9kg his frontline plus flea treatment has arrived but it’s the 10. To 20kg is it safe for me to use
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Rex
Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Rex?
Customer: no
Hi there, you are through to Dr Linda
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Have you seen my question
This is a good question! In reality, I'm sure many owners and vets will have done something similar, however it is slightly risky. Though he is very close to the weight bracket the 10-20kg Frontline is not licenced for him and there is a very small chance of an adverse reaction.
I feel that it is always better safe than sorry and I would return this item and but the smaller size. Waiting a few extra days is safer than giving too high a dose.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Can I give him 3/4 of the pippette

Apologies, I only saw this additional question now. In theory, you could. However, it is tricky with these pipettes to know exactly how much you have given as there is no way to measure and it is all too easy to give the whole pipette before you realise. Hence, the safest option is to purchase the correct dose and use the whole pipette.