Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

I need a prescription for my dog Assistant: I'll do all I

I need a prescription for my dog
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with your dog?
Customer: Prescription required for spot on wormer
Assistant: What is your dog's name and age?
Customer: Lola 3 Yrs
Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Lola?
Customer: No

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
https://www.vetuk.co.uk/pet-meds-prescription-only-advocate-for-dogs-c-21_701/advocate-for-medium-dogs-p-1625

Your regular vet will be able to issue you with a prescription, as the prescription must be issued by the vet that your dog is under the care of. So long as they have seen Lola within the last 12 months then this shouldn't be a problem.

I can also provide you with information on not prescription alternatives if you wish.

Best wishes,

Chris

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I specifically want a spot on product. Is there a non prescription item available ?

There is unfortunately not a non-prescription spot on treatment which covers roundworm and lungworm, there is a spot on treatment for tapeworm only

There are many none prescription spot-ons for flea treatment which I could recommend, but worming would need to be achieved via a tablet. Let me know if you need further information.