Mike McIntyre
Mike McIntyre,
Experience:  Veterinarian at Sioux Nation Pet Clinic
106239999

Are you a bot or a real person? Assistant: Yes, I'm a bot. I

Hello are you a bot or a real person ?
Assistant: Yes, I'm a bot. I make the process of talking to the Vet more efficient and affordable by asking basic questions. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: Cat
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the Cat?
Customer: Vomiting yellow bile for 2 days
Assistant: Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the Cat eat anything unusual?
Customer: No
Assistant: OK. The Expert will know what to do. What is the Cat's name?
Customer: Mini
Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Mini?
Customer: No
Hello. This is Dr Mike. I have been practicing for 19 years and I will be happy to help you today with all of your questions. First, I would like to start with a few questions to help me better your case. Any changes in eating, drinking, urinating, or defecating? Any underlying health problems? Any medications we are on?
What breed, weight, age is your cat?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My cat is a bicolour black and white tuxedo cat, she hasn't been able to keep any food down for 2 days, initially she vomited out undigested food,
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
She is also 6 years old

Any tenderness to the abdomen if you palpate on it? What type of food have you been offering? Are the stools more firm than usual?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Abdomen is not tender, we have been giving her "Purina mixed selection in jelly" she hasn't been able to create a stool since the vomiting began

Before this has happened, had you noticed if the stools were getting more firm?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No, unfortunately when she wants to go the toilet, she tends to go outside, in which case we have been unable to monitor her stools
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
She has been noticeably slower and tends to stay in one spot of the house all day

Then we may be getting sick, having some constipation, how is the water intake? Drinking well yet?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We have left a water bowl out for her, but she doesnt drink much at all
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We make sure to chnage the water regularly

Many times when a cat starts to not feel as well, they may get a bit constipated also, the stools stay in the GI tract longer and get more dry, when this occurs, then they eat less and start to vomit also. If we are only on dry food now, we can look to ad more soft/canned food as this will be easier on the GI tract. Many times then they do not want to drink as well. We can offer milk or yougurt to increase the fluid intake as this tasts much better also.

Diary products also work very well for constipation in cats. We also can look at meat, like hamburger, chicken, turkey, fish ( canned tuna) as more appetizing to the taste and softer and more gentle on the stomach.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
She has been on wet food for quite a while and prefers wet food, than dry food, we have attempted to give her smaller portions of food but she cannot keep it down, and vomit is it back out
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
When she cannot vomit out any more food she vomits white foam

Then if we have tried all the ways to get more liquid and energy in, we are still vomitting, then perhaps we may need to talk to your veterinarian. There is a medication called Cerenia, one dose lasts 24 hours, it is antinausea/vomit/abdominal pain all in one. It comes in an injectable and pill form. If you can palpate the abdomen, can you feel if there is a very firm feces in the intestines? Many times these may feel long and cylindrical and firm.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have had a gentle feel around her abdomen but I do not feel Anything firm

We can keep this message open for 5 days, if you can try to offer some of the above items, even the yogurt, then let me know how all goes. If we continue to vomit then, we can look for a visit to a clinic to determine the underlying cause and appropriate medications to address that and to stop the vomiting.

Any other questions I can answer now for you ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No thank you, ***** ***** just given her some plain yogurt, she seemed to take quite a bit of it, so far no vomiting yet
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Just hope she can keep it down and get things moving downstairs
I am happy to hear This about the yogurt. This is very good. Please keep me updated as to how things go. Also when we have a bowel movement in the next days. Let me know if it is firmer too
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok thank you very much, I will keep you posted
You are more than welcome. I have this app on my phone. I will be readily available. Have a good day. Dr Mike
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi, today we decided to start introducing some small portions of her regular wet food, I'm happy to report that today she kept it down, I have also noticed that mini, is starting to develop a small case of conjunctivitis, I ask weather it would be helpful to get a small soft tissue to help clean her eyes, or just to let her clean it her self
Hello. I am happy to hear that the appetite is starting to come back. This is a very good sign. It will be good to wipe the material away from the eyes with a wet cloth. If a lot of debris starts to accumulate. Then cleaning with saline eye flush can be helpful also.