Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

Springer spaniel 13 years, excessive panting and pacing back

Customer Question

Springer spaniel 13 years, excessive panting and pacing back and forth. Drinking but not eating.
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the spaniel's name?
Customer: Pippa
Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Pippa?
Customer: She had a swelling of the brain on 24/12 and our vet gave her predinicare 5mg, she has responded well up until the early ours of today. She can’t sit and her abdomen seems rigid!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Waiting to connect
Expert:  Mike McIntyre replied 6 months ago.
Hello. This is Dr Mike. I have been practicing for 19 years and I will be happy to help you today with all of your questions. First, I would like to start with a few questions to help me better your case. Any changes in eating, drinking, urinating, or defecating? Any underlying health problems? Any medications we are on?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
won’t eat but does drink more, urinating in house and last dedicated this morning. Swelling on the brain on 24/12 seemed to be making progress but very distressed now
What medications and for how long were we on these medications?
Do the pupils appear to be the same or different sized? Do the eyes respond to shining light in them?