Linda Simon
Linda Simon, Veterinarian
Experience:  MVB MRCVS
103237793

Cat has collapsed in sitting room ( aged 14) seems in a very

Customer Question

Cat has collapsed in sitting room ( aged 14) seems in a very bad way bodily functions have collapsed please help/advise- thanks Lou
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the Cat?
Customer: Think dying
Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the Cat?
Customer: No
Expert:  Linda Simon replied 6 months ago.
Oh no I am so very sorry to hear this.
There can be many causes for sudden collapse e.g. heart failure, a seizure, elevated blood pressure etc.
While your local vet may not be open today if you call them or check their website they will direct you to the nearest 24/7 emergency vet.
They will assess the cat to determine exactly what is happening. They may need dehydrating and iv fluids if they are in shock and/or dehydrated. They may also need oxygen and reheating.
Once stable, tests will be run to find out what exactly is happening.
The sooner she is seen to the better the prognosis so do not delay. Keep her calm and warm in the journey.
rehydrating not dehydratingPlease do feel free to ask any questions you may have and to keep me updated on how everything goes.
Hi there, how is your cat getting on?

Good afternoon. This is just Dr Linda checking in for the final time as this question remains unrated and open. Were you able to bring Lou to a vet? I do hope he is okay?