Jav917
Jav917,
5071285

Assistant: How can I help? our vet has diagnosed cherry eye

Hi there,
Assistant: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: our vet has diagnosed cherry eye and has recommended we put our rabbit to sleep but he is perfectly fit & healthy apart from the red lump which looks unsightly.
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the rabbit?
Customer: No, he is eating, energetic, cleaning himself & perfectly healthy. He is 6 and half years old

My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet Tech with over 35 years in per health

Us the Rabbit a Lop Rabbit?

Us it wating well?

Passing stool?

Would you be willing to get a second hands on opinion?

Joan

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I’m not sure if his breed but his ears are upright?!
Yes he is passing stool, eating,drinking & playing as normal.
I am happy for another opinion as I am not happy with putting him to sleep as he seems healthy.Thanks
Zoe

As long as he is able to see ti eat and get aroind with no problems and healthy I see no resh to put hin down. We do see this problem in certan breeds and one is the Lop where it happens more often.

My sugeestion is to see a Veterunary Opthamologist who specializes in Animal;s etes and have the rabbit seen. He can tell you if something can be done. In dogs we do surgical repair.

That is the best chance to help the eye. My personal opinion is if the rabbit is otherwise healthy, I would allow him to live and give the care he needs.

Please reply to discuss this information. If I have addressed toyr concerns, I would appreciate a positive rating. I do not get credit for my answers without a positive rating.

Joan

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thankyou. Exactly what I think, he is still loving life. The vet did give him eye drops but they have now run out - will he need these constantly?Thanks
Zoe

You are welccome! I would appreciate if you would rate my service ar the top leaft corner of this post. I get no credit for the help without tyou giving a positive rating.

Joan