Mike McIntyre
Mike McIntyre,
Experience:  Veterinarian at Sioux Nation Pet Clinic
106239999

Thanks for your previous help. With the fictional scene in

Hello. Thanks for your previous help. With the fictional scene in the anaconda movie.
I was looking up information on snakes and came across a story about a large reticulate python eating a 10 year old boy. In Durban . Could this really have happened.
Hello. There has been reported cases of this. If you have the link. I will be happy to review it. You can share it here
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hello .Here is a link to the story.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/southafrica/1414171/Hunt-for-giant-snake-that-ate-10-year-old-Durban-boy-whole.html&ved=2ahUKEwi9oMHuhP_mAhXLesAKHYS0AWYQFjAKegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw2VIqCFFRyqNfu4y4DXTMTD
Yes that can happen. Here is another link of other attacks. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-asia-39427462
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Wow. If they had caught the snake .would they have had to kill it.
You mean have to kill it by law? Or regulation? Also remember these are the confirmed ones. Many people go missing and no one knows what happened to them.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I see. In the news article it did not say exactly what the boy was wearing. But if we assume he was in a t shirt .Football shorts or denim shorts .either bare foot or had sandals on .What would happen to this.
Likely depending on how long the material was in the snake. If it was more natural fiber based, it would be more digested. Any metal in the clothing, like zipper, rivers, etc would pass out. If the sandals were made of native natural products mainly digested. If plastic then they would pass out more intact. Since they can not chew. The only way to break things down is by muscle contractions and strong acids
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
The snake expert in the article Craig Smith said that the snakes are protected in that area .and if caught he would take it to his snake park.
Would he be allowed to do that.
It all depends on the country, local rules, regulation, customs. Also. Many times they may make special arrangements with authorities to get things done as they see fit. Are you in UK?
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Yes..UK . If they did catch the snake and took it back to the snake park .Would there be any way to tell if it was the right one that had taken the boy.
They could do an ultrasound or xray to asses for anything inside. One of my good friends ultrasounds snakes regularly and has a lot of fun doing this
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Were in the world are you at the moment. Interesting .so what might they be able to see in the snake.
I had told you I do relief work in Developing nations a lot. Much time is spent in southern South America. See a lot of things first hand here. See many snakes in the rivers here while boating, on the farms. Even walking in the parks or along the rivers. Have you spent much time
In developing nations ?
The rules you discuss above. It is all different than in UK or USA. One big difference you willl need to keep in mind about your film
It all depends how far along the prey is digested. How much bones and tissue would be seen on imaging.
We can do imaging on snakes to look for things like GI obstructions
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Only been as far as Europe so far.
I also have done much assistance in Eastern Europe when things started happening in Ukraine in 2014. Have been to over 40 countries. Have a fair idea of how this all works in different places.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
If they did see something in the snake. Would they try to get it out or just let nature take its course.
Just wanted to let you know. In the event you knew a bit about my background in regards to what you are needing assistance with
If it was a person. Then Likely take it out. Otherwise nature would take its course. However to remove it would mean the snake would be euthanazed
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
In some ways a shame that it would need to have been killed. If the process of digestion was well advanced .would they let it live.
It really depends on who is in charge. What the officials or family say.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I see. Would any thing be visible in the the snakes poo once it was past.
Only possibly some of the clothes as we said above and possibly some of the bones.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I see. If the boy was wearing denim shorts. T shirt .and possibly sandals. What would be found.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thanks for your great help. Hope you don't mind me asking for so much information thanks again.

You are more than welcome. Happy to help. Have a great day. Dr Mike