Dr. Sara
Dr. Sara, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM 19 years
45762142

My cat with wobbly cat sydrome hasn't been eating, cuddling

My cat with wobbly cat sydrome hasn't been eating, cuddling or moving much, just going for drinks but over the last 12 hours he's stopped drinking and can't get up. He's a rescue so don't know his exact age but think he's 9-10.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help your cat. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Zombie
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Zombie?
Customer: Apart from his wobbly cat sydrome and having no teeth he's led a very healthy life up until now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just thought, I haven't seen him use the litter tray for almost 24 hours either.

Hi there, this is Dr. Sara. I just want to clarify; by "wobbly cat," you mean Cerebellar Hypoplasia? He was born with this? When was his last visit to your vet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was 8 years ago when we rescued him but he's been very happy and healthy since then.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've got an appointment with my local vet at 6 this evening now.

Ok, good. I think I would be concerned about diabetes or kidney disease. In hindsight, do you think he has lost weight?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
a little.

Most likely, your vet will want to do some labwork tonight to get some answers. If it is kidney disease, sometimes it can be managed; it cannot be reversed. Bloodwork will help you to know what is causing the symptoms and what can be done. It is possible your vet will find something on exam that says why he is not feeling well. As for diabetes, that would probably mean some hospitalization and treatment if he can get stabilized.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome, I truly hope you get some answers you can work with.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you again. So do I, Zombie is very much loved.