Linda Simon
Linda Simon, Veterinarian
Experience:  MVB MRCVS
103237793

My car seems to be acting very strange today.. she is

My car seems to be acting very strange today.. she is staring at the wall but her eyes don't look like it is open but tears are dropping from one of her eyes..she is normally f
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: Cat.. sorry
JA: What is the Cat's name and age?
Customer: Indy.. about 8 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Indy?
Customer: She is a very active cat but not moving about .. just staying in one place by herself, she normally follows me everywhere always makes a lot of noise

Hi there, you are through to Dr Linda.

I'm sorry to hear Indy is not herself.

Any medical history and is she on any medicine?

The eye that tears are dropping from; is she able to open it? Does it look normal?

Have you seen her walk about as normal at any stage today?

Is she eating and drinking ok?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
She doesn't seem to be able to open the crying eye and the pupil of the other eye is dilated. She was normal before 12 am. She doesn't eat or drink or move around now
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
No medicin
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
She had a blood dark spot inside the same eye last week

Thank you for this.

It is very unusual that she won't move around and that one pupil is dilated.

Does she go outside?

Any chance of trauma e.g. a fall from a height or cat fight?

Any chance of toxicity e.g. from eating lilies, antifreeze, rat bait or human medicine?

Hmm, the dark blood spot is a concern and could indicate a bleed in the eye. This can happen with high blood pressure. We should check for this as it could be behind her symptoms. It can be tricky to diagnose at home as symptoms are vague and variable so we would need to have it measured at the vet (in the same manner we would check ours).

Please ignore any phone call requests; the website sends these automatically. I am more than happy to talk via chat & you won't be charged for a call.

Certain conditions can be linked to high blood pressure, such as an overactive thyroid or kidney disease. Has she had any symptoms in the last few weeks such as an increased thirst?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Not really
Ok good.
While its still important to check for something such as high blood pressure, it could be something as straight forward as an eye infection that simply requires some drops.
Either way as she is acting so strangely today I do think a vet check is worth doing.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Can you give me a number for a recommended home visit Veterinarian as Indy doesn't like to be picked up if possible..
Sure, what is your postcode?
Most vets are happy to offer home visits but may require a day or two notice depending on their staffing situation. They will also charge an additional fee (which varies between clinics).
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
E11 4YJ
Goddards are likely your best bet. Their contact number is
020 8534 1948
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
No problem and please do feel free to keep me updated.