Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of small animal internal medicine, surgery and preventive medicine.
25161683

She has been sick a couple of times since 4pm, has 2 first

She has been sick a couple of times since 4pm, has 2 poops first one slightly orange and firm, then the last one watery and orange. - she’s a 1 year old 5 month chihuahua
JA: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know how to help the Chihuahua. What is the Chihuahua's name?
Customer: Kiwi
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Kiwi?
Customer: No

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

1- Did she get into anything or eat something out of the ordinary?

2- How much does she weigh?

3- Any other symptoms?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My friend gave her 2 bbq Pringles at about 1:30pm
Approx 4kg
Sometimes she shakes, been very calm which is unlike her

Please give me 5-10 minutes to type your answer. No need to accept the phone call request. Thank you.

The vomit and orange color feces could be from the chips. This is what you can do:

1- Do not give things like Pepto Bismol or Imodium. Start her on Pepcid AC (famotidine) 10mg 1/4 tablet every 12 hours for the next 2-3 days. You can buy Pepcid AC over the counter in any pharmacy (chemist).

2- No food or water for 8-10 hours. Need to give her gastrointestinal tract time to rest.

3- After 8-10 hours give her a small amount of water. Wait for a half-hour, if no vomiting, feed her a small amount of rice (50%) with boiled boneless chicken or ground beef (50%) 4-6 times a day. Keep on this diet for several days then wean into regular diet.

4- If she continues to vomit after doing the above she will need to be seen by your family veterinarian for a hands-on examination.

Please reply if you have additional questions.

Dr. Peter

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thankyou so much! Shall I just keep warm with a hot water bottle or just let her her where she is comfortable?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
As she is shaking slightly

The shaking could be from having an upset stomach. Keep her comfortable where she is. No need for water bottles.

You're welcome. :)

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thankyou!

You're welcome. :)

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Dr Peter,

She’s now pooing blood, it’s sort of like a jelly consistency

I am sorry. The jelly is mucus. When we see mucus with blood this is a sign of inflammation in the large intestines. Not likely related to the chips. Other common causes are an infection, parasites, ingestion of a foreign body, etc. I would continue as we discussed before fasting her. Then, follow up in the morning with your family veterinarian for a hands-on examination and a fecal analysis as an initial screening test.