Dr Maria
Dr Maria, Veterinarian
Experience:  Freelance Veterinary Surgeon
107806401

My cat keeps coming home with small bald spots, some look

Hi my cat keeps coming home with small bald spots, some look rather sore. They're above her eyes, behind her ears, under her chin and one on her shoulder, I don't know what's causing it
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is your cat's name and age?
Customer: Ginny, she's 11 months
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Ginny?
Customer: No

Hello, you are through Dr Maria Serrano, a 10+ years experienced veterinary surgeon. Sorry to hear about Ginny! Might I ask a couple of questions?

Is she neutered and has had her vaccinations?

Any changes on behaviour?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Yes she's up to date on vaccinations and is spayed, no behaviour changes she's still herself

Excellent!

Le t me look into it, it will only take a couple of minutes :)

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thank you :)

Having to checked the wounds myself, I would assume Ginny is displaying kitty behaviour and having encounters with other cats, leading to fights and being the cause of the wounds. Cat bites and scratches tend to happen on the areas you describe: face and shoulder, sometimes even base of tail.

The main issue would be to prevent the wounds from getting infected and causing what we call Cat Bite Abcessess. You could use diluted chlorhexidine twice daily for this.

Does this help?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
She also has some missing from the tip of her tail. I thought it might be cat fighting as I see her out chasing the locals every day Haha.
That helps a lot, thank you very much

No worries!

It should get better with time. but definitely keeping an eye on the wounds and cleaning them with antiseptic prevents build up of bacteria (and a trip to the vets!)

Hope Ginny recovers well :)

If you have been pleased with the advice please do not forget to rate it so I can be compensated for my time.

Good day!