Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

Maltese ate my imovane, Mimi She is 6 months. Please please,

Maltese ate my imovane
JA: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if the Maltese will be able to digest that. What is the Maltese's name and age?
Customer: Mimi She is 6 months. Please please
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Mimi?
Customer: No

Dr. Michael Salkin is typing. Please be patient.

Thankfully, Mimi will remain safe. This hypnotic is well-tolerated by dogs. A one-month oral study in dogs involved giving zopiclone six days per week at doses of 0, 6, 24 and 120 mg/kg. Dose-related sedation and hypotonia (loss of muscle tone) of the hind legs were observed. There's no need to induce emesis or treat in any manner.

Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Oh my this is the first time this has happened. She is my baby. I would hate if something happens to her

She may become sedated and "weak in the legs" but she'll remain safe. How much does she weigh and how many mg of Imovane did she ingest, please?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I'm good thanks. I'll watch her

You're quite welcome. Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it. I can't set a follow up in this venue so please return to our conversation with an update at your convenience - even after rating.