Veterinary questions? Ask a Vet for Answers ASAP
DId your veterinarian start you on any medication after this was found for pain or inflammation?
When they told you that they were postponing the surgery. Was there any discussion about the possibility to start on any pain medications or anti-inflammatories? As if the mass is that big there, it may start to put pressure on other structures. In which case medications may be helpful to keep eating and drinking well.
I am sorry that you are going through all of this. With how you explained it to me, the concern is that if it starts to enlarge again it may imping on other vital structures. That is where some pain medications and also some antiinflamatories may be necessary to control the inflamation that may occur. We can keep this message open for 5 days if you want to let me know how things go after talking to the specialist or your regular veterinarian. How soon were they planning on doing the surgery?
I feel that will be best given the location and size of it. You are more than welcome. If you have any other questions or concerns, let me know. I wish you well and have a wonderful day. Dr Mike
Happy to help.
Great, I am happy they were able to do the surgery for you. That is great news!! Have a wonderful day and let me know how all goes when you get him home. Take care. Dr Mike
I am happy to hear that all is going well for your little one. I wish you the best and have a wonderful day. Dr Mike