Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

I've spoken to a vet on the phone. She thinks it's a anal

Customer Question

Hi I've spoken to a vet on the phone. She thinks it's a anal gland abscess and needs treatment today or tomorrow
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: Dog
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Squid age 4?
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Squid
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Squid?
Customer: I paid the £5 you put me through to a just answer vet.
Expert:  Dr Chris replied 16 days ago.

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible

Expert:  Dr Chris replied 16 days ago.

Sorry to hear about Squid, I agree that anal gland abscesses are not an emergency per se, but do require prompt treatment as they are very uncomfortable.

Just to clarify, this is an online question answering service only, so I can only give Advice, I cannot see animals or prescribe medications.