Linda Simon
Linda Simon, Veterinarian
Experience:  MVB MRCVS
103237793

Our cockerpoo has just eaten 3 small grapes, will she be ok?

JA: I'll do all I can to help. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: Cockerpoo
JA: Maybe I'm confused. I thought you had a problem with a pet. Is that correct?
Customer: Yes, our dog has just eaten 3 small grapes
JA: The Expert will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Annie, 3 next month
JA: How old is Annie?
Customer: 3 next month
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Annie?
Customer: no
Hi there,you are through to Dr Linda. Just a few minutes as I type my response. Please ignore any phone call requests as the website sends these automatically
Grapes are a funny one.We do not know what it is in them that causes the toxicity, nor do we know why some dogs are affected by small amounts and others are not.Some studies have shown there is a toxicity rate, whereas there have been anecdotal cases of large dogs becoming unwell after eating only one or 2 grapes.The potential issue is that dogs can develop acute kidney failure and there is no way to predict if this will happen.While her risk is low, to be 100% sure she will be okay we would advise brining her to an emergency vet who can give her an injection to make her sick. The sooner this is done the better.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Do you know of any emergency vets currently open near me?
What is your postcode and I can find one for you?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
WA10 1LE
I believe Vets Now Liverpool are your closest right now and their number is *****(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Not at all and all the best to your Cockeepoo.