Dr. Jen
Dr. Jen, Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  Specialist in Clinical Pathology -- bloodwork, biopsies, urine analysis, etc.
21450838

My cat had his urinary blocked and i took him to hospital

Hello there my cat had his urinary blocked and i took him to hospital yesterday and they unblocked him but he took the capater off in 9 hours when it was supposed to stay at least 48. They told me to bring him home and monitor him he urinated finely when he came he ate his food but now in couple hours his urinating blood outside of bis litter box. Im wondering if i should
JA: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if your cat will be able to digest that. What is the cat's name?
Customer: take him back the hospital emergency
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Take?
Customer: coco

Hi there, my name is***** and I have been a veterinarian for 20 years. I would be happy to help you today.

If he is able to get urine out (even if bloody) it is not a medical emergency. I would keep him in one room with his litter box, food and water and monitor his ability to urinate very closely. If at any point, he tries to pee and no urine comes out, he should return to the emergency clinic.

Jen

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Alright no problem thankyou very much for your help jen have a nice day.

You are welcome.
Have a nice evening.
You can rate me now if you like (this is the only way I am compensated for my time). On a desktop the stars will be at the top of the screen & on a cell phone/ tablet you will receive a separate text and type “5", follow the email link or within the app.

Thank you in advance,
Jen