Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

My cat has been diagnosed with a virus, our vet has given me

My cat has been diagnosed with a virus, our vet has given me a drug called metacam I have given her a dose this morning at 0.30. She is very poorly and just lies in her chair and wondered if you have any advice
JA: I'll do all I can to help. There are all sorts of infections your cat can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the cat's name?
Customer: Poppy
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Poppy?
Customer: She is taking tablets for asthma

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible

Sorry to hear this. How old is she? What were her symptoms of the virus? What tablets does she take for asthma?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
She 13 and taking prednicare

OK. Did your vet realise that she is taking prednisone? It is usually contraindicated to give metacam at the same time as a steroid such as prednisone as it can increase the frequency of side effects.

I would recommend contacting your vet again to discuss this.

OK I will call you shortly

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
the vet knows this and told me not to give her a tablets for asthma will on metacam
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
she is not eating or drinking and has had nothing since Thursday morning

Calling now