Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

I got a border collie a week ago I know she in season but

Hi I got a border collie a week ago I know she in season but ive noticed that she as a very slight discharge from her nose its drying up at the end of her nasal passage
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the Border Collie?
Customer: Runny nose
JA: What is the Border Collie's name and age?
Customer: skye
JA: How old is Skye?
Customer: 9 months
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Skye?
Customer: No

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible

Does she seem well in herself otherwise? Is she eating and drinking normally? Any coughing or sneezing? Is the discharge clear, yellow or green in colour?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
She is running about eating and drinking no problem and it seems to be clear just dried on her nose
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
There is no coughing or sneezing

OK. This could be a symptom of a mild allergy or irritation from dusts/pollen etc given the time of year. So long as she is not unwell, the discharge is not excessive, yellow/green/blood tinged and she is not sneezing at all then I would not be overly concerned at this stage.

If any of those symptoms were to occur then a checkup by your vet would be advisible.

You could try giving her Piriton 4mg twice daily so see if that helps at all in the case of a mild pollen allergy.

I hope that answers your question? Please let me know if you need any further help or advice.