Linda Simon
Linda Simon, Veterinarian
Experience:  MVB MRCVS
103237793

My loop eared rabbit is cold and has bumps on her fiurr She

Hi my loop eared rabbit is cold and has bumps on her fiurr She is squeeking and is cold
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the rabbit?
Customer: ishe is cold and has lumo lump on her skin
JA: Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the rabbit's name and age?
Customer: her names is lucky I brought her yesterday from pets at home She 15 weeks old approx
JA: What is the rabbit's name?
Customer: Lucky She’s an loop eared. Rabbit
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Lucky?
Customer: I brought her yesterday she is happy in her cage she sleeps next to me end is I’ve cold and has a lump I. Her back a dice of a 1p coin
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Please help
Hi there, you are through to Dr Linda.
I wouldn't be too concerned about bumps for now; they could indicate e.g. parasites, skin infections etc. Has she been itching? Feel free to send a photo for me to check.However, the cold temperature is a huge concern and could indicate she is very unwell. Has she been eating well and passing lots of poo as well as being active? If not, this is a serious emergency and she needs to be seen by a vet immediately . She may have a condition known as gut stasis, whereby the gut slows down and fills with gas and can lead to death. It can occur in those who have been stressed due to transport or rehoming.
A vet can check her over, check her temperature and give any medicine she may need e.g. fluids, pain relief and gut stimulants.