Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

My kitten has swallowed some wool, Mildred, No

My kitten has swallowed some wool
JA: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if your kitten will be able to digest that. What is the kitten's name?
Customer: Mildred
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Mildred?
Customer: No

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible

How old is your kitten and how much wool was ingested?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
My kitten is 6 months and around 10cm
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
It was a string of wool

OK and was any kind of needle attached?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No needle, it was a ball of wool and we noticed that a big chunk of it had disappeared. We can’t find it anywhere and she does tend to chew it so we think she’s most likely ingested it.

OK a section of around 10cm in length will likely pass through so her faeces should be monitored carefully over the next few days. There is a small chance it could get lodged in the intestines causing a blockage but as the length is relatively short and there is no needle, this is unlikely. She should be monitored carefully for any signs of vomiting, inapetance or diarrhoea over the next few days and taken to a vet immediately of they were to occur.

I hope that answers your question? Please let me know if you need any further help or advice.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
That’s great. Thank you so much for your help

You're welcome. Please feel free to keep me updated.

If I could just trouble you to help me by leaving me a rating using the stars at the top of the screen, it enables Just Answer to credit me for my time. Many thanks.