Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

Iv had my minature whippet, lucy to the pdsa today as she

Customer Question

iv had my minature whippet , lucy to the pdsa today as she has misjudged my bed last night and has broken her back leg, i was sent back home with her and told a vet would be in touch for me to take her in this was at 2pm, she has now been in pain for 15 hours and noone has phoned me to take her in, please help!
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How old is Lucy?
Customer: appox 4yrs
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Lucy?
Customer: i only just adopted her before lock down happened so there is not much i know about her apart from her being over weight and poor teeth
Expert:  Mike McIntyre replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr Mike. I have been practicing for 20 years and I will be happy to help you today with all of your questions. First, I would like to start with a few questions to help me better understand your case. Have there been any changes in eating, drinking, urinating, or defecating? Any underlying health problems? Any medications currently on?The system will automatically offer an option for a phone call. It is just sent out automatically. However, if you wish to keep typing. We can message all here.I am here to provide as much relevant information and guidance that I can, but I am unable to legally prescribe medications or make a final diagnosis. Any recommendations I make will be limited by lack of a physical examination. In many cases I may end up recommending your pet to be seen by a veterinarian for further assistance or you may still wish to have a physical examination with a veterinarian at a clinic.If you can send pictures to review it will be most helpful.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no lucy isnt on any current meds but is over weight which has played a big part in her injury
Can you send a picture of the affected leg?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
im unable to do so at the moment sorry
You did go to the clinic then?
Did they give you any pain medications?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i took her to the pdsa this morning but was told to take her back home and wait for a vet to call to take her back in but this hasnt happened
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no pain meds
Did they say why they did not offer pain meds AtleAst? Call them back again. State how long it has been. It is very painful and ask if you can get some pain medications AtleAst until can be seen.
Were you able to get an answer from them in regards ***** ***** pain medication?