Edele Grey
Edele Grey, Veterinarian
Experience:  BSc, MVB
108243009

I got my kitten a few days ago and now he has vomited a few

Hey there i got my kitten a few days ago and now he has vomited a few tines and is not really as active. im not sure if his ill or if its the food that the previous owner recommended me to give him
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your kitten eat anything unusual?
Customer: No just the food he got recommended some sort of tuna gourmet
JA: What is the kitten's name?
Customer: Coffee His a 8 week old persian boy
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Coffee?
Customer: No thanks

You're through to Dr. Edele, a UK vet.

Please ignore any requests for a phone call as the website sends these automatically.

I have some questions to help me best advise you about Coffee.

1) When did the vomiting start?

2) How many times has Coffee vomited?

3) Has Coffee eaten today?

4) Is he being fed the same as the breeder had been feeding him?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
From yesterday vomited twice, yes he has eat and i think so

Has he vomited since he ate?

There are a few things that could cause this. Is he still playful?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he vomited his food a bit after he eat it and he is now playful but earlier he wasn’t

Ok, it may be that he's a little stressed. Monitor him tonight and make sure he's peeing and pooping.

You can offer him some bland food this evening (boiled chicken and sweet potato or rice). just a small amount. You can also offer him a little of the broth cooled down to drink to keep him hydrated. After eating try have him rest a little bit so that he's not playing so much he makes himself sick.

If he becomes dull/depressed or the vomiting gets worse or he has diarrhoea then you should take him to your vets as he may need an anti-sickness medication.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alright thank you

You're welcome. if you have any queries or concerns you can return to this chat even after accepting/rating the answer. I will be available here until around 9-10 pm and in the morning from 5 am.