Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My dog came in from the garden and out of the blue started

Customer Question

My dog came in from the garden and out of the blue started sneezing for about 2 minutes. He then stopped and moved into another room. He becomes very unapproachable in situations like this. He then began to cough a little and some white substance came out. He stopped and we thought he was fine, this lsted about 40 minutes. He went to sleep in his bed. I then noticed he had a bit of red (i’m assuming blood) on his fur near his nose and there is some in his bed too. He keeps sneezing here and there and coughing as if trying to get something out.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help your dog. What is your dog's name and age?
Customer: Bailey, 5 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Bailey?
Customer: Not that I am aware
Expert:  Edele Grey replied 1 year ago.
Apologies for any delay in your receiving a response.
You’re through to Dr. Edele, a UK vet.
Sorry to hear Bailey is having some issues.
Has Bailey had these sneezing/coughing fits before?