Laura Henderson
Laura Henderson,
Experience:  Veterinarian at Robb Veterinary Clinic
63061945

We have a Syrian dwarf hamster and he seems to have lost the

Customer Question

Hi we have a Syrian dwarf hamster and he seems to have lost the use of One of his back legs, also a red protrusion from his anal and he’s lost a lot of weight. He’s eating and pooing still but I guessing I should take him to the vets ASAP? Could it be wet tail? He’s also nearly 3 years old
JA: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know how to help the hamster. What is the hamster's name?
Customer: Cubby
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Cubby?
Customer: I don’t think so. His mobility is restricted now too ie he can’t go up ramp and gets stuck on his back thanks
Expert:  Laura Henderson replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, I am Laura, one of the UK vets.

If you see a message about a phone call, please ignore it, it is an automated message.

Poor Cubby! He is very old for a hamster. I'd be concerned with everything happening at once that there is maybe something not good going on inside.

I'd give your vet a call and have him checked over. Unfortunately given his age and his current problems, I'd be prepared that your vet may suggest to put the wee soul to sleep :(