Edele Grey
Edele Grey, Veterinarian
Experience:  BSc, MVB
108243009

Dog, She has what looks like a spot on her snout and I’ve

Hi Pearl
JA: What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: Dog
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?
Customer: She has what looks like a spot on her snout and I’ve noticed it get bigger/change over the past two days I’m a little concerned as to what it may be
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: She is a rescue dog but no other concerns
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (1LZMTMM)

You're through to Dr. Edele, a UK vet.

Please ignore any requests for a phone call as the site sends this automatically.

I'm just going to review the images you have sent now.

She's a very pretty girl.

I have a couple of questions to help me advise you.

Is she bothered by it?

Is it wet/dry or crusty? (hard to tell on photo)

What change in it have you noticed over the last few days?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you she is very pretty
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She isn’t bothered until I run my finger past it then she puts her paw in the way

Thank you. It may be that she has been stung by a wasp/bee or nettle or that she came into contact with something that has caused some irritation. Monitor it for the moment and gently bathe it with saline (half tsp salt in a mug of cooled boiled water) and then pat the area dry. Avoid applying any creams as letting these irritations breathe tend to be the best course of action to prevent bacterial infection.

Have you any anti-histamine medications? What brand/drug?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** been putting her head in a lot of stinging nettles whilst running around so I think if may be that. I will follow your guidelines- thank you

That's most likely the issue. You can give her some anti-histamine to help with the inflammation.

She can have half a piriton (chlorpheniramine 4mg tablet) three times per day for 2-3 days. If you have a different brand, just let me know and I'll calculate a dose for her.