Edele Grey
Edele Grey, Veterinarian
Experience:  BSc, MVB
108243009

I know this is going sound daft but I think my 21 year old

Hi, I know this is going sound daft but I think my 21 year old corn snake may be pregnant
JA: I'll do all I can to help. We need to be extra careful with pregnancies, so we'll need to connect you with the Veterinarian ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the corn snake?
Customer: Dont think so

You're through to Dr. Edele, a UK vet.

Please ignore any requests for a phone call as the site sends these automatically.

Corn snakes don't give birth to live young, do you think she may be egg bound?

Does she live with a male?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well about 5 years or so ago we put in a juvenile corn as the old corn and a ball python lived together.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The juvenile follows the corn everywhere & we thought nothing of it as we assumed they were all males. The two days ago my son noticed this lump. We have been soaking him in baths assuming he was constipated but the lump is further up the body and he/she did a bad shed never normally does & has been quiet.

How long ago did she/he shed?

Is there just the one lump or multiple?

How far in front of her cloaca is the lump?

Has she eaten recently?

Has she pooped since she last ate?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Last 10 days or so
One lump
7 or 8 inches
No was feeding all tonight
Don't really no as 3 snakes in tank
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just measured and it's about 6 inches away. Lump is rounded evenly about 1in in length.

Thank you, ***** ***** location, size, etc. that you're describing to me it may be that she has an egg stuck. Egg binding is quite serious in snakes and the best thing to do would be to take her to your veterinarian for a complete examination. Your vet may give her a hormone injection (oxytocin) and calcium to help pass the egg. If she is unable to pass the egg then she will need surgery to remove it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Even though I think its moved?

When did it move do you think?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Since yesterday

If she is bright and acting normally and eats when offered tonight then you can monitor it for 24 hours but if there is no significant movement by that time she will need to see your vet.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok brilliant thank very much.

You're welcome. If you have any other concerns/queries you can still return to this chat after accepting/rating the answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

:)