Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

My dog coco is quite listless and is shivering. She's eaten

Hi my dog coco is quite listless and is shivering. She's eaten well today and had her usual exercise but when she settles down she quivers
JA: I'll do all I can to help. The Expert will know if Coco will be able to digest that. How old is Coco?
Customer: She's 5
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Coco?
Customer: She's a large dog - mastiff cross. RSPCA rescue 3 years ago - good health so far.

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible

Sorry to hear this. Has she had any vomiting or diarrhoea? Do her gums look pink and moist to the touch? Also could she have eaten anything she shouldn't have such as chocolate or any other potential toxins?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No vomiting or diarrhoea and I don't think she's eaten anything she shouldn't - not by nature a food thief! Gums look pink and normal. Breath is rather stale but that's not too unusual for her
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Just discovered my Healthy Pet Plan offers me this service so I'll switch to that - thanks

Oh OK, good. The other thing I would want to check is her respiratory rate over 1 minute and for any signs of pain or discomfort. I hope you manage to her sorted out, please let me know if you need any further help or advice.