Dr Chris
Dr Chris, Veterinarian
Experience:  BVetMed MRCVS
105454072

My cat is sneezing a lot and has watery eyes, Her name is

My cat is sneezing a lot and has watery eyes
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is your cat's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** she's 2 years old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Ozzy?
Customer: She has recently moved to London from India

Hi, Welcome to Just Answer. I'm Chris, a small animal Vet based in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will get back to you as soon as possible

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you Dr. Chris, she has been eating and drinking normally so far, but her sneezing has increased in frequency a little over the last 2 days

Sorry to hear this. It sounds as if she may have an upper respiratory infection such as cat flu. Is the sneezing productive at all?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What do you mean by productive sorry?

Is anything coming out of her nose when sneezing such as clear/yellow or green discharge?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No, nothing of colour but I do see her nose and eyes are wet and she's been pawing at her nose and eyes after she sneezes

OK. If she is eating/drinking and bright/active then we can monitor this for now, but a visit to the vets next week would be recommended if signs persist as antibiotics may be needed to prevent secondary bacterial infection.

I hope that answers your question? Please let me know if you need any further help or advice.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** is a little scared of travelling outside in her carrier, I was hoping to buy some medication for her and feed her the same whiles shes home. Is that possible?

You're welcome. Unfortunately UK law does not permit online prescribing, so a visit to your vets will be required for medication.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok understood, thanks

You're welcome.